Assertive or Aggressive ?

Assertive or Aggressive...
This title comes to my mind, because of the training which is a part of the corporate policy :)

I attended a training, where it made a impact on me to be assertive to everyone. (Usually I am a little bit aggressive)


Assertive - Being polite in what you say & express your views in right manner

Aggressive - Being arrogant in what you say & forcing your views onto others.

Ask yourself, "Can anyone be assertive all the time?"

The answer is always a big "no"...

Can we be consciously assertive or aggressive ?

The answer is "no"...

The mind is already set to be aggressive to the people whom we hate to speak & to be assertive to the people whom we have respect.


And I cannot resist to accept the fact, that being good to everyone is really very hard task. At last, "We are not born to please anyone".


Why do we need to be assertive to socialize?

Expressing our view in "right way" is called assertive speech. And it may help us to get the ears of audience.
(note: Just we can make them listen, not to accept/agree :-D)

But still no one is going to take the way how you are speaking, but the matter that what we are speaking.


Obviously, no one is going to accept our thoughts/views for being assertive.


Here I just want to mention something ...

Music, When you are addicted to the rhythm, no matter what the lyrics conveys... when you do like the lyrics, no matter how the rhythm is :)

Mostly, we will not remember the rhythm, but lyrics that we used to remember.


True?


Similarly, when you speak out the best obviously everyone will remember (no matter what how it is conveyed)


I know a person who always be assertive. Initially everyone used to listen to him with patience. But at a point of time, whatever he says falls on the deaf ears.

There are lot more behavioral trainings to align our Emotional Intelligence.
Finally, we are made into a command processing robots to think of the situation and act accordingly, not to be "who we are".

True thing is, trainings cannot change a person's attitude or behavior, probably it can help a person to hide & manage their emotions in a better way.


I would like to express myself in my own way. And I feel happy about it.

"I am responsible for what I said, not for what you understood". Right ?

When do we become aggressive?

when the speaker is the person whom we hate the most... or the topic being discussed is completely ridiculous...
But it is ok to be aggressive at times. It is the human nature.

After all, we are six sense souls :)


Let us use the sixth sense wisely without any restrictions :-P


Forget the term assertive, aggressive, submissive etc...
Be Who You Are, Express What You Think Honestly...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will use my Intelligence with Emotions :-)



*--Happily blogging--*
MSA

Comments

Popular Posts